What’s the best lubricant to use with the Bionic Runner?
A Super Lubricant for the Bionic Runner
Ingredients: Water, 99% Glycerine( anhydrous), Soap (pure as possible)
- Mix 1 cup of glycerine with 1/4 cup of water.
- Cut off 1/8th of a standard bar (13 grams or 0.45 oz) of 99.44% pure Ivory Soap
- Dice or shave the soap finely with a knife so the soap will dissolve more easily.
- Add the minced soap to the liquid, heat the mixture in a microwave oven or on a stove top for a few minutes (don't boil) and stir until the soap is dissolved.
- Mix 200 ml (cm3) of glycerine with 50 ml (cm3) of water
- Add 15 ml (cm3) or about 15 grams of diced artisan or handmade soap (which is similar to Ivory Soap).
- Add the soap to the liquid, heat the mixture in a microwave oven or on a stove top for a few minutes (don't boil) and then stir until the soap is dissolved.
The heating is just for speed and convenience. I have made some with and without heating and it works the same.
I’ve been working for weeks and hundreds of miles testing various new lubricant compositions to try to find a super lubricant for both the inner and outer BR rollers.
This lubricant is not just a quantitative but is a QUALITATIVE improvement over past lubricants, including glycerine.
- Satin smooth
- Whisper quiet.
- Great Ability to take extremely high pedal pressures with minimal wear (muscling up hills is back)
- Improved pedaling efficiency
- Endurance: one application lasts over 100 miles.
- The annoying Click-Clack from each pedal cycle on one side disappeared.
By Volume: 6% soap, 18% water & 76% glycerine
By Weight: 5% Soap, 15% water & 80% glycerine.